Data Scientist - Gears of War - The Coalition
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The Coalition are seeking an experienced & passionate Data Scientist to support the studio in collecting and analyzing critical data to illuminate key business and gameplay questions.
The Data Scientist will leverage the data rich cache of Gameplay and Game Services data within the studio to help shape future products.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Design, implement and validate hypothesis driven/exploratory analysis projects.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and reports to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Troubleshoot data and infrastructure challenges when needed, aid in developing best-in-class data management practices.
- Ensure Data Quality and that data falls within Data Compliance.
- Implement and set up and validate studio A/B testing
- Support other BI responsibilities when required e.g. coordinating and managing business requirements, designing telemetry events, designing and creating reports
- Minimum 4+ years Data Scientist Experience
- MSC in Data Science/Computer Science/Applied Statistics/Applied Mathematics or related field
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, AzureML, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Industry experience working with a range of Databases/Distributed data Stores such as SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark
- Knowledge of and real world experience in application of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (e.g. regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, Outlier Detection)
- Knowledge of and experience in application of a variety of machine learning techniques (e.g. clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools (Tableau/PowerBI)
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous assignments and have a high comfort level with prioritization changes
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills
- Gaming Industry experience preferred, but not essential
- Lives Services experience preferred not essential
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away