Concept Artist Intern
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a self-motivated Artist Intern to concept props, environments, characters, and other gameplay elements for our award-winning RPGs.
- Create concepts of environments from designed block-outs
- Create a wide range of concepts, including props, characters, creatures, and UI elements
- Work closely with Lead Artist and other team members to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Complete work under reasonable deadlines
- Proficiency with Photoshop CS
- Knowledge of architecture, perspective, and lighting
- Ability to rapidly master proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative solutions
- Receptive to art direction and critiques from project leadership and team members
- Strong foundation in traditional art, including composition and color theory
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for gaming
- Experience with any 3D programs and environment art
- An interest in video game theory and design
- Storyboard experience
- Background in Architecture, Photography, or Cinematography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates examples of environment, character, creature, and prop concepts
- User Interface concepts
- Graphic icons
- Graphic design examples
An art test will be required of all applicants. All resumes must be accompanied by a link to a website portfolio.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.