Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We're also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com .
The Chinese speaking Community Assistant's primary role is to act as a link between the development teams of multiple SI titles, the studio's communications team and its external Chinese-language speaking community.
The CA also directly interacts with Football Manager users via the SI community forum, the Steam forums and Chinese social media platforms. This element of the role involves collating external feedback for delivery to the relevant stakeholders, providing direct customer support (where practical) and acting as a live knowledge base, available to provide answers to a broad range of questions.
They will look to provide game sentiment from the various Chinese userbase platforms alongside providing the company a knowledge resource of the Chinese market and gaming culture of users from that region.
This role will also require elements of platform testing when required for any Chinese language projects.
The position is primarily based at the studio's headquarters in east London, but the role may also require that some time be spent at SEGA's HQ in Brentford, London.
- Day-to-day interaction with the Football Management community via the studio's forums and Chinese social media channels
- Creatively and proactively engage consumers to drive conversations and relationships as a voice of the development team within the SI Chinese language community
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Chinese language development partners creating a direct point of contact between the studios and providing QA support as and when required
- Representing and promoting the image of SI across multiple public facing platforms
- Provide 365-day community support (in cooperation with other members of the SI QA team)
- Translation of various FAQ, announcement and promotional content
- Coordinate the monitoring of and response to queries and feedback on Chinese social media, the SI forums, Steam forums, and Steam reviews in a timely manner, investigating and resolving issues as required
- Develop and maintain expert, in-depth knowledge of all the studio's products (and competitor titles)
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills whilst being fluent in both English and Chinese
- Ability to read and translate English to/from Simplified/Traditional Chinese
- Current in-depth knowledge of the Chinese social media landscape and culture which surrounds it
- Strong knowledge of Football Manager, a love of football and an affinity with Football Manager fans
- An analytical, critical-thinking mindset with exceptional eye for detail.
- Excellent aptitude for grasping new strategies, software and processes
- Appetite to learn, research and self-teach
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive environment under pressure
- High level of computer literacy with community forum management software familiarity/knowledge desirable
- Experience with Quality Assurance ideally within the games industry is desirable but not necessary