Build and Configuration Engineer
Salary: Competitive market rate Opening Date: 28th August 2018 Closing Date: 28th September 2018
We are looking for a curious and super-talented Build & Configuration Engineer to discover new and exciting means to continue our roaring success.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Build and Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have robust and efficient continuous builds for our teams, who build both games and systems for internal use. We are continuously improving our ways of working, and you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common development infrastructure.
The development teams each own and write their own builds but need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As an expert in build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration and rapid deployment, you will be their partner in choosing and using the right tool for the right job, working very closely with the development teams and operations, while keeping in mind the big picture of the long-term goal keeping the build and release good practices of different location across the Kingdom.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. We envision that all source code ever produced by any team within the Kingdom should be available to anyone with just a simple command. The teams work in an agile development methodology and we value our fast-paced environment and flexible approach. The teams are allocated to different Business Units but belong to a common functional division - Development. We build our games in different technologies depending on the target platform.
Skills to create thrills
* Experience working closely with development teams to design and implement shared build systems - we believe in a DevOps\" approach and work in a fast-paced, agile environment using Kanban or Scrum techniques
* Experience using Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Maven, and Ant that compiles code in Java, C++ and HTML 5 for building build game backends and Android and iOS apps
* Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins implementing information radiators, notifications on broken builds and automated tests
* Planning repository organisation and branch scheme using multiple source control systems like git, Mercurial, SVN and Perforce
* Setting up monitoring and alerting systems to ensure that any issues in the Continuous Integration environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible.
* Proficient using configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy on Linux, Windows and Mac OS systems
* Experience building build pipelines, Configuration as Code with DSL, Docker and Elastic computing is a plus
* A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve the way of working in the engineering systems team
* A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, release management and build systems"
We believe that great games are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with and instant feedback from the player community, enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That's why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.