As a Meta Designer on the project, you will be a key part of a multidisciplinary team designing and implementing core features of a new IP title.
This is a chance to work in a small agile development team within a large studio with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, will always be valued.
As a Meta Designer on the team, you will own the design of major game features. You will be creating high quality design documentation for these features and collaborate with programmers, artists and sound designers on the team to take them from initial concept through to final implementation.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Passion for game design, preferably strategy game design
- Experience of development of a title from start to finish with an understanding of the process of delivering the game
- Experience designing game modes and meta-game content
- Ability to process design feedback and iterate game features to a high level of quality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both in writing and verbal
- Experience working on mobile, puzzle, CCG, virtual board game or similar titles
- Willingness to learn new technical skills and apply them to create game content
- Good academic background, ideally at degree level
- Experience of the modern game engines, such as Unity
- Experience of visual scripting
- MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Keen player of games in general
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.