Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we're a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We've welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape's world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we're united as one Jagex tribe. Together we're building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere. We now undertake the exciting challenge of building a brand new MMO.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Working with an elite team of software engineers you will carve out the next steps of our company's history with the creation of a brand new MMO. Your expertise from multiple previous MMO and online projects arms you with an ability to shake up the genre and offer our players a unique gaming experience that will keep them entertained for years to come. We are proven experts in the creation of magical online content and stories, which you will allow us to deliver to our players, instantly, seamlessly, and on a global scale.
- Work with the Executive Producer to ensure the technology group is focusing on the right areas
- Build, lead, mentor and manage a team of talented engineers
- Collaborate with design, product, analytics, user experience, live operations, central and leadership teams to specify features and development tools
- Be an expert recruiter of top engineering talent
- Build and execute a transparent roadmap, create and deploy best-in-class process, proactively identify and resolve issues, and innovate in software development
- Be able to work with engineers in any domain, even if not an expert, and provide useful guidance and feedback
- Grow and mentor your team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers
- Advocates for the technology department in meetings and planning sessions
- Manage the development of the technology team's abilities and capacity
- An expert knowledge of C#/C++ is a must, and the ideal candidate will also be comfortable with a range of coding and scripting languages.
- Hands-on experience driving the technical architecture of a heavily server-based game, ideally with AWS or other similar cloud service provider
- Be a proven expert in one or more engineering domains such as rendering, networking, mathematics, security, AI, native app development, build systems, solution architecture, database performance, application server design, deployment, system administration
- Bring a deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization
- Hands-on experience driving the technical architecture of a live-game, supporting low-overhead feature and content updates on a regular basis.
- Experience creating and managing source control and continuous integration systems for runtime and backend deployments.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don't meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!