Division: Arkane Studios - France | Department: Quality Assurance | Location: Lyon , FR
Arkane Studios, Lyon Offices (in France) is seeking a qualified Build Manager to join our dev team.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work on a AAA development environment, as a member of the Tech & Tools Team and in close collaboration with QA, IT and programming teams
The main role of the Build Manager is to oversee the delivery of game and engine versions to the dev team and external actors.
Build Process Management
- Make sure the automated building system is working as expected
- Tackle and report any issue that would block or slow down the building process in general and more specifically the CIS system
- Coordinate with the appropriate people to fix any issues, which could prevent the build to succeed.
- Participate to the build validation process in coordination with the Lead QA, producers and Tech Director
- Coordinate code and content propagation through our version control software.
- Coordinate with the QA team to define the testing priorities and schedule (engine/tools, feature, version, platform, language ...)
- Propose improvements of the building process and coordinate their implementation
- Promote best practices of our internal tools (CIS, crash reports, build deployment tools...) to the whole development team.
- Communicate to the team when a new build is available
- Write and communicate Build Notes
- Make sure the builds are archived properly
- Assist the team and external partners ( external QA, marketing,..) in the deployment of the builds on their PCs and development kits
- Make sure the users can play the builds on their dev kits or test kits ( firmware update, activation, users support)
- Write and maintain documentation regarding the building process
- Assist in the delivery of the game (masters) to the Hardware manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft) and distributors (Steam)
- Strong knowledge of version control software (Perforce would be a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Good understanding of network and computer systems
- Knowledge of a Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming
- Knowledge of current game consoles and PC platforms
- Participation in a complete production cycle
- Good English skills
- Knowledge of an object oriented programming language (C#, C++…) would be a plus
- Experience on GaaS projects would be a plus
- Experience on AAA projects would be a plus
Working as an “Arkanite”
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 to 35 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
How to Apply