Our Creative Director, Steve, is on the search for the Lady or Lord of Level Design, the champion of Unreal, the leader of level design creatives to join our Design team! In the exciting and pivotal role of Principal Level Designer , you will responsible for mentoring and leading our talented level designers, comfortably navigating between a mix of hands on detail and contributing to the wider picture.
What Will You Be Doing?
- As the main point of contact of Level Design across our VR projects you will be managing and leading world-class level design across multiple projects, from concept through to final release.
- Leading design implementation of environmental locations, mission scenarios and interactive elements iterating up to the highest quality.
- Closely working with design team members to plan their work, manage their efforts and determine a schedule according to priorities.
- Managing, mentoring and inspiring the standard of our level design technical expertise and ability to the next level
- Collaborating closely with the Creative Director, Game Directors and Level Designers to help ensure our studio develops world class VR games and experiences.
Who Are We Looking For?
- An outstanding, highly skilled Level Designer with over 5 years' experience. You should be creative, critical and structured, with a strong analytical sense and rigor.
- An expert in using Unreal (and ideally Unity) to design, implement and iterate on levels and prototypes.
- A leader experienced in supervising and mentoring designers. You are able to use and teach others level design software, such as Unreal and/or Unity, to the highest level. Plus plan, organize and prioritize work, to identify and manage risk of workload for both yourself and of those in your team.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator, with effective documentation and attention to detail skills, and the ability to convey abstract concepts succinctly and effectively.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and shipping a AAA title are both advantageous.
Why Join nDreams?
- Our open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you'll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
- We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), share options and little socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we've worked on previously. Once you've seen what we're up to, we're convinced you'll want to be involved…
This is a permanent role based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, which is an easy commute from Guildford and London. Salary is dependent on your experience.
If you're interested, then we'd be delighted to you to get in touch! Send us your CV via the link or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.