Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development.
2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a 3D Lead Artist?
Sumo Video Games are currently looking for world-class Lead Environment Artists with experience contributing to AAA titles.
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU. At Sumo we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do there and we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
· Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
· Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
· Opportunities to attend industry conferences
· A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children
As an Environment Artist you will need:
- · To be a Lead Artist you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with a AAA video game titles and yes an impressive portfolio which exhibits your experience is a must.
- · Needs to have experience and knowledge of latest Physically based rendering (PBR) techniques.
- · Knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) or similar AAA game engine
- · Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Mudbox is must
- · Must have in-depth knowledge of Substance Painter / designer and quixel suite
- · An ideal lead should have excellent microscopic artistic eye.
- · Would be a plus to have traditional art skills
- · Should have Excellent communication skills
- · Should be excellent with time management
- · Must have people and team management skills and should be a good leader who should lead by an example.
- · Excellent problem solving with Confidence to question the status quo and provide alternative solutions.
- · Should have passion and potential to develop themselves, his/her team and ensure everyone grows with the organisation.
- · If applying for Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too.
If you are interested in Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too:
- Excellent hard surface modelling skills
- A good understanding of taking objects/environments from concepts to final game quality
- A good portfolio (which is current) that has the Environment assets - show casing screenshots for the Model, Wireframe and texture pages.
- · Should be proficient in 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- · Excellent Photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures.
- · Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software's such as Substance Painter/designer and Quixel DDO
- · Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- · A portfolio demonstrating breath-taking prop/environment modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
- · Should have at least 7 years of experience creating art for console games
- · Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
To be a Lead Artist at Sumo you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with at least one AAA video game title under your belt and an impressive portfolio. You will also need to have:
People and team management skills; a good leader who should lead by an example
Passion and potential to develop themselves, the team and contribute to how all our artists develop their careers and grow with the organisation
Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to challenge the status quo
Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams
Excellent time management
An excellent microscopic artistic eye.
What we offer:
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we'll offer competitive salary & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.