SENIOR UI ARTIST
AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Do you love games, and are an expert in creating polished, yet functional UI?
If so, our Senior UI Artist role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Senior UI Artist to work in our Vancouver studio. This soon to be Relican will join our Art Team supporting our exciting unannounced project. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As our Senior UI Artist you will…
- Conceptualize, prototype, and implement the game’s UI – you’ll partner with the design team to drive the vision of the game’s user interface forward.
- Create stunning game assets – this will include menus and icons that depict various units, gear, upgrades and abilities.
- Create UI specifications, wireframes, and front-end flows – you’ll be prototyping & mapping user experience.
- Build and maintain the UI art style guide – by leading this, you’ll ensure that players can enjoy a consistent and immersive gaming experience while navigating the game’s interface.
- Ensure and deliver on an innovative, attractive, and functional user experience – you’ll work closely with our designers, artists, and programmers to achieve this.
- Communicate the vision of the franchise’s UI and provide feedback to our teams – providing feedback will be essential in ensuring the visual quality of your designs comes together in the finished experience.
- Balance the needs of game design, art, marketing, player expectations, and more, to create an engaging & seamless product.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 7+ years of relevant experience with at least one previously shipped AAA title
- Post-secondary education in an Art discipline, with preference towards a Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, and a working knowledge in Microsoft Visio or similar information software.
- The ability to layout complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, layout, typography, color theory.)
- Comfortable working with 3D assets, basic lighting, and positioning models.
- Familiarity with display types and the ability to support a variety of screen resolutions.
- Deep understanding of UX principles and a strong awareness of current trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Traditional 2D sketching, illustration, and strong conceptual art skills.
- Motion graphics skills, the ability to bring interfaces to life with usability in mind.
- Experience with WPF
- Knowledge of XAML and Microsoft Blend
- Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual user base.
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.