YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.
Our people are our most important asset. Their individual skillsets and backgrounds, their creative and innovative thinking, and their love for games all create a collaborative environment which allows everyone to make their mark. We invest in the development of our staff, and reward their contributions with perks such as company parties, plenty of beer after milestones, opportunities for workshops, and more.
Senior Dev Ops Engineer (f/m)
As a Senior Dev Ops Engineer at YAGER you will work on The Cycle (www.thecycle.game), an awesome and exciting match-based FPS with an international team of highly experienced and talented developers that are passionate about their work.
- Provide technical direction for game infrastructure project
- Establish efficient operational and escalation procedures that reduce toil
- Define and maintain a clear roadmap for operational excellence of our online game
- Responsible for design and supervision of our online platform infrastructure and participating in the implementation of our complex high-availability tech solution
- Provide the best monitoring and alerting solutions for our large server-farm to ensure that all necessary information is available to troubleshoot efficiently
- Develop and maintain our continuous delivery pipeline for consistent daily releases with zero downtime
- Identify and address any stability, performance and security risks
- Point of contact for provisioning, installation and troubleshooting of system components
- Degree in Technical Informatics, Computer Science or similar field
- 5+ years of practical experience in a DevOps Engineer role
- Profound Knowledge with Linux operating systems and virtualization technologies with a focus on scalability and maintainability
- Experience developing with Python, proficiency in relational databases including PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience with build and CI systems
- Configuration management tool knowledge
- Operations team experience (24/7)
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Experience with operating JEE applications
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: asap
Join our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, please send us your application to email@example.com
YAGER Development GmbH
Berlin is the creative heart of Europe, affording a quality of life and life experiences unmatched on the continent. Not only is it the capital of the German republic, it is a thriving metropolis rich in history, architecture and culture. It is home to a vibrant nightlife, and the cost of living is the lowest in Europe for a city of its size. Berlin is an excellent launch point to any destination in Europe and is known for its first-rate public transportation system, which puts the entire city just a short transit ride away.
YAGER is housed in a 1500m2 loft on the banks of the river Spree in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg, one of the most energetic and culturally rich neighborhoods in Berlin. Numerous affordable and eclectic restaurants and shops are all located within a short walk from the office.