Product Marketing Manager, Ads
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this thriving start-up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
We are seeking a skilled Product Marketing Manager to shape our advertising product strategy and go-to-market. You are a born storyteller that lives and breathes products. You are are a self-starter, an independent thinker, and an analytical problem-solver. You are a team player who can easily balance structure with dynamic environments.
You will help define, launch, and scale ad units and capabilities that allow brands to reach and connect with consumers in fresh and impactful ways. You will play an instrumental role working with Product, Marketing, and Sales leadership. This role can be based in either New York or San Francisco, and you may find yourself traveling occasionally to our other US location - as well unfrequently to Europe to work with our game studios.
The position combines leadership of strategic initiatives for the Product organization with ownership of inbound and outbound Product Marketing activities:
* Serve as the 'voice of the customer' to Product Management, gathering insights internally and externally, and conducting assessments of market trends; ensuring that we are building the right products for the right customers
* Build business cases for new product initiatives; identifying key issues for customers, gathering competitive intelligence, and running quantitative analysis to help define development priorities
* Drive the innovation process for the launch of new products in games, partnering with Product Management and game studios to ideate, test, develop, and launch advertising units
* Lead go-to-market strategy for the launch and scaling of products; including defining product positioning, key messages, marketing strategy, and sales enablement; and managing the cross-functional GTM process
* Craft Sales & Marketing collateral in various formats (e.g. slides, videos, one-pagers)
* Synthesize Product initiatives and insights into C-level strategy materials for King and Activision Blizzard leadership
* Act as a partner and counselor to Sales and Marketing teams, and as the face of Product with clients
Skills to Create Thrills
* Relevant work experience working in Product Marketing, Product Management, or Strategy Consulting at a top-tier firm; demonstrating at least one promotion in a relevant role
* Industry experience in Advertising/Media, Gaming, or B2B Technology
* Capacity for highly structured problem-solving and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise stakeholder-ready documents
* Strong interpersonal skills at all levels and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and business units
* Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced, results-oriented work environments
* BA/BS degree from top-tier school, MBA a plus
Want to join our team?
Application needs to be in English.