Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the Infrastructure Engineering team.
Your role within our Kingdom
Our job is to build effective, stable and reliable large scale infrastructure tools and services for our games and product teams, to allow them to focus on creating great games. We strive to empower developer teams to be autonomous and flexible and continuously work to create a self service model for our tech, by being in close collaboration with development teams in the full product life cycle.
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure serving all of our games, as well as the developer environments and supporting tech like observability, log management, and event transport. This includes everything from working in the Data Centers and writing orchestration and automation for our production stack to troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
We are currently at the beginning of multiple projects redefining our infrastructure. Among other things we have major efforts to modernize our platform as well as all supporting software and orchestration.
The Application team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the production applications' infrastructure. These applications serve billions of data objects representing game states, messaging, and much more that constantly serve hundreds of thousands of requests per second with low millisecond response times.
Being part of the team, you will write software to support and automate our infrastructure as well as manage and plan our environment, working in close collaboration with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering organization and backend-developer teams.
You will among other things:
* Develop and maintain utilities and libraries supporting our distributed infrastructure, working with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, OpenTSDB, and so on.
* Build automation and improve the resilience of the systems serving our games
* Evaluate hardware and software, run benchmarks, and perform capacity planning, for existing and future deployments
* Do performance analysis, optimization, and workload characteristics to minimize the resource utilization and cost of our backend
* Work closely with other teams on incident resolution and proactive strengthening King's site reliability
* Create and maintain our deployment pipelines
* Provide subject matter expertise for our technologies and systems to stakeholders
* Troubleshooting, incident management, and On Call
Skills to create thrills
* Comfortable working in a Linux computing environment
* Strong development skills in Python, and some knowledge of Java, Perl, SQL, or similar
* Experience automating and orchestrating distributed systems as well as creating internal tools such as backup management or metrics collection
Interest or experience in
* Database technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, HDFS/Hadoop, etc
* Monitoring systems like OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Graphite, etc
* Log management systems like Graylog, the ELK stack, etc
* Orchestration frameworks like Ansible, Salt, etc
* Familiarity with Linux performance tools
* Good communication skills
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.