We are looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and looking to take on technical challenges. We're keen to develop people's passions and, as a studio of over 300 people, we offer lots of chances to progress your career and advance within the studio.
Jagex is most well-known for the record-breaking game Runescape but we have many other exciting projects ongoing including bringing Runescape to mobile, developing a brand new MMO amongst other top secret and exciting things.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company and face some exciting challenges based around online gaming. We are open to candidates from a games background or a related industry.
Key Duties include:
- Programming in C++ 11/14
- Improving the tech behind the record-breaking MMO RuneScape
- Preparing the game for its global launch on mobile
- Working on the constant visual overhaul of the game
- Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
- Researching, innovating and developing new game engine technology
- Being proactive in finding ways to improve both how we work and how our games operate
- Extremely proficient at C++
- Experience with either OpenGL (preferred) or DirectX
- A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
- Previous time spent working in a large complex system
- Experience of working on client/server applications
- Demonstrated experience with one or more key game development disciplines such as rendering, tools, gameplay, AI or networking
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Game industry experience
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Experience with client-side animation systems
- Experience with real time, volumetric lighting and dynamic lighting, shadowing and physical-based shading
- Experience of developing games for mobile, both iOS and Android
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or similar
- Experience playing RuneScape
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.