Fluffy Fairy Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two Games, 'Idle Miner Tycoon' and 'Idle Factory Tycoon' have already reached 50 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer an autonomous studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
Senior Data Engineer (f/m)
Data drives all of our key decisions, from improving marketing campaigns, up to how we make the best experience for our players.
As a Data Engineer, you will not only work as part of a data team but interact with multiple teams and key people across the business, such our Head of Marketing, Product Directors and anyone else who needs and uses data. A diverse role and lean processes give you the flexibility to specialise and hone your experience in the areas that most interest you, giving you the chance to have maximum impact.
We're working with a huge volume and variety of data across our two games that have already reached 50 million downloads and generate billions of events per month. This will increase as we launch new titles and introduce a more sophisticated analysis. As a Data Engineer, you will make people happy every day by providing data to the internal teams which enable us to make better games, improve player experience and impact 10's millions of players each month.
You can help to change our future. We're an autonomous company that gives our employees a lot of freedom and from day one you will be entrusted to work with production data. You'll help to define which technologies we use and how we approach data engineering. We're not a company that follows trends but defines our own. We want to set the new standard for how games companies use data, and we're looking for people to help us on that path. This is not a role with set definitions of excellence, this is a chance to bring your experience to the studio to help us to achieve better and faster results, all the while impacting a huge player base.
- Create and maintain the architecture for optimal data-flow
- Create and process big data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL of data from a wide variety of data sources, using big-data technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Build analytics tools to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other business KPIs
- Create data tools for data analysts and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our games
- Ensure best practices around software development within the team
- Work closely with key company stakeholders and be responsible for the overall planning, actioning and success of projects
- Enable the games to grow in the future by structuring the data platforms for long-term success by focusing on maintainability, scalability and quality within the code base of the project
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organised
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Awareness of industry best practices and the ability to apply the right solution to any given problem
- Software development experience in Python or Scala or other general purpose programming languages
- Wide understanding of DataBricks/Spark or similar big-data technologies
- Experience with Looker or similar BI products
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
- A team player who fits into the studio and team of motivated professionals
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or something similar
- Previous Data Engineering experience
Why Join us?
- Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - We're aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ's and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Fluffy Fairy Games is a vibrant games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Fluffy Fairy Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.