About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for superstars to help make them great.
We've got some of the most talented people in the games industry here at Splash Damage and we're looking for more! The successful candidate should be part-qualified and studying towards becoming fully CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified with proven experience in a FP&A capacity. (Video gaming industry experience preferred but not essential).
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Support the financial planning, analysis, forecasting and budgeting processes;
- Maintain and update the individual forecast models monthly based on management & budget holder input;
- Assist with preparation of month end Board Pack and associated commentary, cost & profit centre reports, cash flow and working capital forecasts;
- Monitoring of profitability and performance by company, project and client;
- Provide ongoing variance analysis, business analysis and commentaries along with remedial action;
- Liaise with producers and operations managers on performance targets;
- Assist maintenance and improvement of business analysis and KPIs (financial and operational);
- Assist with evaluation of new business opportunities including investment appraisal and financial modelling to assist management decision making;
- Analyse current commercial tools and assist implementation of new commercial processes in line with key business strategies;
- Assisting with continued operational excellence by driving improvement in finance processes;
- Assist with identification & execution of cost efficiency and revenue maximization opportunities and
- Assist with ad hoc projects and financial modelling.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Confident, with strong interpersonal skills and a natural ability to proactively build strong relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across various levels of seniority.
They will need to be comfortable working across functions and challenging operational colleagues with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- They will be reporting to the Finance Manager working closely with other areas of the finance team and will have direct exposure to the senior management team.
- They will have demonstrable analytical and commercial experience.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service (at its lowest offered employees £250)
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.