Frontier's Operations Tools Group is looking for a programmer to help develop and integrate the important in-house software systems that support our studio's business operations. You'll need good business analyst skills to understand users' requirements and will use your programming skills to develop tools and systems that meet those needs. This a new position with lots of autonomy and the opportunity to make the role your own.
- Develop bespoke desktop or web-based applications to support growing business operations
- Build internal software systems and database structures, working with partners within the business
- Develop and maintain systems and processes which allow multiple internal business applications to interact with each other.
- Work collaboratively with operational system owners to deliver high quality business applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Good at balancing immediate requirements & long-term quality goals.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Linux experience
- Direct experience developing with RPC based systems
- Experience in database development, including SQL
- Experience in integration systems with RESTful API's
- Good object-oriented design and analysis skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Good business analyst skills e.g. working with internal stakeholders to understand and scope out requirements.
- Recent experience with modern PHP based CMS / frameworks; for example Drupal, Symfony or Laravel
- Working with cloud-based systems, especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience using Docker.