Senior Back End Engineer, Ads
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M + global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the # 1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising companies in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King's 195+ M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we are planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Develop new feature, with unit tests, that can support our large-and-growing user base.
* Building highly scalable & distributed systems that handles over billion requests a day.
* Full ownership of building and delivering product features to production
* Whiteboard a fix to a scaling problem -- and then make it happen.
* Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
* Provide support to our operations staff in troubleshooting and addressing a production issue.
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience with BS or 3+ year with MS in Computer Science or related field.
* Very strong programming experience in Java.
* Experience with building microservices.
* Exposure to google cloud platform.
* Experience with Kafka, streaming systems.
* Prior development experience building large scale systems is a must.
* Experience with docker and other build and deployment frameworks.
* Strong troubleshooting experience and ability quickly jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
* Able to communicate effectively and clearly with other team members.
* Have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
* Take ownership and can work independently.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.