Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we're a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We've welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape's world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we're united as one Jagex tribe. Together we're building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Working within our busy finance function, and reporting to the Financial Controller, the management accountant would be responsible for:
- The timely and accurate production of monthly P&Ls and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Detailed revenue calculations including deferred revenue for all Payment Service Providers (PSP)
- Monthly cost reallocations, prepayments and accruals and credit card spend posting
- Preparation of VAT/VAT Moss returns and National Statistic returns
- Assisting with finance systems development and improvements in financial reporting processes
- Management and Supervision of transactional team
- KPI reporting
- Supporting the external/internal audit processes
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
WHAT WE NEED
- Ideally you will be qualified or finalist level ACCA, ACA or CIMA with good experience in a similar role.
- Excellent excel skills are essential as well as being passionate about continuous improvement and developing systems.
- You will be a driven, self-motivated Management Accountant seeking an opportunity to join a growing business and develop a career with them.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability both to work with, and influence at, all levels of an organisation.
- Prior experience of the games industry, or a fast-growing tech company, would be advantageous but is not essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid-for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.