• Well known studio opened in 2014 - successful recent title published & new project green lit
• 60+ staff & expanding extra 21 staff
• F2P mobile games with monetization
• Visa sponsorship & relocation provided for most senior candidates (5yrs+ games)
* Great climate year round, short drive to Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast beaches
VFX Artist – full time permanent role – salary negotiable on experience
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
• Report to the Art Lead for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas.
• Create real-time art assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
• Research, review and present proposals for new features and techniques.
• Testing and fixing your work in the build.
• Communicatie tasks updates to your lead, updating the status of your Jira tasks and committing files in a timely manner.
• Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
• Execute revisions on spec and on time.
• Playtest and be familiar with the game.
• Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with your team members.
• Be punctual and attend stand-ups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings.
• Be a team player, be professional and always act in the best interest of the studio.
• You have exceptional problem solving, artistic and observation skills; you are passionate about creating and researching real-time VFXs and all things game related.
• You have strong animation, texture painting and lighting skills.
• You have in-depth knowledge of 2D/3D DCC applications (Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects, Etc).
• You have exceptional technical abilities, in depth understanding of a real-time VFX pipeline and are fluent in different game engines, VFX and scripting tools.
• You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
• You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
• You are excited to work in a diverse and challenging work environment.
• You are able to work in large or small teams as well as work independently and take full ownership on your tasks.
• Degree/Diploma in Animation, VFX (real-time) or equivalent academic or professional experience.
• Previous professional experience as a VFX Artist in the gaming industry is preferred but not required.
For more information or to apply please contact me anytime.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games Sydney Australia.
+61 427 690 971