Senior Technical Animator
Stockholm, Sweden - Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced Technical Animator to join our central TA team and support our new Shooter project in Stockholm..
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
As the Technical Animator you will be responsible for all character and prop related set-ups (including skinning) required for the animation team. You will also be responsible for providing tools and improving pipelines and workflows that will maximize efficiency. The ideal candidate will have experience creating advanced skeletons and control rigs for characters (bipedal and quadrupedal) and custom rigs/set-ups for props. An in depth knowledge of skinning characters and creating set-ups required for secondary motion is also necessary.
Skills to create thrills
* Excellent understanding of character rigging & custom rigs
* Expert knowledge of Maya
* Excellent skinning skills
* High proficiency in technical problem solving
* A good understanding of anatomy and human motion
* Advanced scripting skills
* At least 1 title released working as a Technical Animator
* Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment
* A desire to push animation in video-games to new levels of believability
* An accomplished knowledge in Unity
* Experience working with ragdoll set-ups (ideally within Unity).
* Experience creating high and low res facial rigs
* Experience of scripting with Python
* Basic animation skills
* Experience of SDK plugin development
* Experience working with procedural, additive, layered animation and animation state trees
* Experience working with Motion capture
* Experience working with agile/scrum development methodology
* A keen gamer who keeps up to date with industry related developments
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.