In this role, you will be a key part of a multidisciplinary team designing and implementing core features of a new IP title within the Total War Universe.
This is a chance to work in a small agile development team within a large studio with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, will always be valued.
As a monetisation designer, you will implement, analyse and balance the in-game economy, and you will have had experience of this role on at least one live game. Additionally, as a gameplay designer, you will need to have a wide range of design skills, such as scenario and systems design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and balancing the in-game economy
- Understanding and achieving business goals
- Proposing and implementing new features
- Analysing and deconstruction of contemporary in-game economies
- Generating and scripting scenarios and content
- Supporting specialist designers and other developers in their fields
- Having a flexible remit; being hands-on
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of in-game economy design on a live title
- Passion for game design, preferably strategy game design
- Experience working on mobile, puzzle, CCG, virtual board game or similar titles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both in writing and verbal
- Ability to process design feedback and iterate game features to a high level of quality
- Willingness to learn new technical skills and apply them to create game content
- Experience of scenario (level) and/or systems design
- Knowledge and experience of Unity
- Experience of visual scripting
- Keen player of games in general
- Degree level academic background
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.