Jagex Games Studio is looking for an Ops Engineer to join the tribe. Your primary duties will be to support, maintain and advance the Jagex worldwide operational infrastructure, as well as the Jagex in-house development infrastructure, under the direction of the Lead Operations Engineer.
In return you'll receive a competitive salary, options for a sponsored gym membership, dental plan, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, free parking and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day.
We also have full-bean style coffee machines that provide hot drinks throughout the day for free. Expect to be invited to team events once a quarter as well as company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
The successful applicants will be able to enjoy our newly refurbished office which includes contemporary break-out areas, gaming zones, high tech meeting rooms, a huge atrium with tiered seating and our very own private bar.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Linux server infrastructure design, installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Installation and upkeep of all physical data center premises
- Network and database administration and troubleshooting
- Support of the Jagex Operational Systems (game servers, web servers, backend systems, etc.)
- Support of the Jagex Development Systems (code/asset repositories, build systems, development environments, etc.)
- Some day-to-day BAU Administration (user management, Linux workstation support, etc.)
- A strong understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- A strong understanding of Computer Networks
- A good understanding of Information Security
- A good understanding of Database Administration
- A good understanding of Storage Area Networks
- A good understanding of Computer Science, or Software Development Processes
- At least one specialism in the above described skillsets (see the Operations Engineer Training Proforma for detailed examples)
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Cool under pressure
To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function. To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.