Senior Environment Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Environment Artist to collaborate with a growing team of developers.
The Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for expertly creating aesthetically pleasing environments, for our next world-class PC and console RPG. They will collaborate with designers to create fun spaces and using their knowledge of form, proportions, color and design principles, this artist will model high and low-poly objects, bake textures, import them into Unreal 4, apply materials, assemble environments, and light them in an authentic and compelling way.
- Create a wide range of high-quality environment art assets: natural and man-made props, interiors of structures and exteriors
- Model, UV Map, bake and create the materials for environment assets
- Integrate PBR based assets into Unreal 4
- Craft set dress and world build environmental set pieces and landscapes
- Work closely with Lead Artist to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Work closely with Level Designers to ensure that excellent gameplay is achieved
- Communicate: Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Mentorship: Raise the abilities of others
- 5+ years in the game industry with 2 shipped titles
- High proficiency with 3ds Max, Z-Brush and Substance Designer and Painter, with an emphasis on realistic in-game results
- Excellent High and Low poly modeling skills, with demonstrated skill in quality baking of textures
- Demonstrable track record of showing strong initiative and owning content end-to-end to ensure artistic and gameplay goals work together in in-game environments
- Understanding of Architectural principles, Engineering fundamentals, materials and lighting
- Complete work as expected under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to rapidly master proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative solutions to get the best result on multiple target platforms
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for gaming and Obsidian-style CRPGs
- Experience with Unreal 4 or CryEngine
- Concept development skills
- Experience lighting levels
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality 3D rendered samples and 2D texture art
- It needs to include examples of well-lit interiors and exteriors, a range of hard surface and organic models. As well, a large portion of these should be samples of previous industry work
- All resumes must be accompanied with Website portfolio
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications.