Art Outsource Manager
Production Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products, but also work on a few projects of our own, and have very interesting new projects in the works.
The Art Outsourcing Manager will be well-versed in project management methodologies, in addition to having a background in art. The individual in this role will interface with vendors on a wide variety of outsourcing needs, work closely with internal leads and artists, and team with internal production to expand outsourcing efforts in the studio. The ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams to support the creative vision of the game is crucial.
If you enjoy the challenge building a wide variety of outsourcing pipelines and working with a variety of vendors - APPLY NOW!
- Provide feedback via paint and sculpt-overs and facilitate approval of the technical and artistic quality of assets from external vendors.
- Collaborate with internal team to build asset lists, specification documents, and proxies.
- Set up integration pipeline and integrate assets into engine as needed.
- Facilitate the flow of incoming and outgoing assets to the appropriate groups.
- Provide technical support for internal tools and processes to external vendors.
- Manage additional outsourcing artists.
- Assist Producers in maximizing efficiencies, anticipating bottlenecks, and growing outsourcing pipeline.
- Exhibit pragmatic long view with an eye to driving pipeline improvements. Stay on top of industry trends, explore new tools, and make recommendations.
- 3 + years’ experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an artist
- Demonstrable ability to work with internal and external production teams.
- Well-versed in the latest artist workflows, tools, and pipelines.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and texturing in character, environment, and concept art.
- Previous experience working with external vendors required; a vast network of established vendor relationships is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Experience directing external teams.
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4.
- Art direction experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or equivalent experience.