Community is vital to Total War. If you want to lead a team that gets players more involved in their favourite games, brings new players into our world and helps our development team make our games better, we want to hear from you.
A senior position in the embedded Brand Team at CA and reporting directly to the Studio Brand Director, the Head of Community Marketing is responsible for the management of our community team and is the vision holder for our global community strategy.
Your team is a combination of Content Producers, who make and commission all our official community content, and Social Managers, who shout about our games, interact with our fans and feedback on sentiment to development.
It'll be your job to run and fine tune those teams with the help of your senior staff; delivering world-class community campaigns that demonstrably and often immediately impact our bottom line.
You'll bring more players to Total War every day and ensure they never want to leave.
Alongside the day-to-day management of a high-performing and fast-moving team, you'll be expected to mentor and develop your staff as well as represent your department at a senior level within the studio. Taking ownership of training, budgets and ensuring your team has the resources to perform to a demanding triple-A standard.
Strategically, you'll be responsible for the performance of your team in growing and refining our communications methods and channels in line with our wider brand strategy. You'll explore and research new avenues, test approaches and develop and execute on short and medium-term plans that increase the size and value of our community.
At a per-title level, you'll work directly with the Brand Managers on each game, feeding directly into our global marketing strategy for each release with a Community Plan that you've devised in collaboration with your team.
You'll then be comfortable and capable in delivering that plan to time and budget, constantly spotting opportunities for improvement and taking tough decisions and formulating effective solutions to keep our roadmap on track.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a games, related media or entertainment marketing, PR or community leadership role
- Small to medium sized team management experience of between 3 to 10 individuals
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, to all sizes of audience and levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial, ability to problem solve and idea-generate
- Experience of working at a strategic level, authoring and executing on plan to objectives
- Budget and resource management
- Data analytics experience
- Passion for games, especially ours
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.