Position at SEGA European Head Office
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE PR MANAGER - ATLUS/SEGA
A BIT ABOUT ATLUS
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon's Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.atlus.com
Atlus forms part of SEGA® of America, Inc; the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America's website is located at www.sega.com
This role is based at SEGA's European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We've got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn't love that?). But that's only the beginning - we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
We are looking for a creative and energetic Junior PR & Community Manager to join our growing team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in PR, social media and community events, with a keen interest in and knowledge of the Japanese IP and Japanese IP fan base in Europe, we would like to meet you!
Our ideal candidate has great oral and written communication skills. You should be able to maintain consistently high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. You should be able to act responsibly and reliably as you manage outward facing communications.
In close collaboration with the EMEA PR manager and the marketing team, you will create and publish a full suite of media and community activities as well as provide daily support for UK PR activities.
- Manage and execute a comprehensive calendar of communications, including content articles, research, blog posts, social media, thought pieces that align to align with strategic themes
- Manage and execute the production, promotion and amplification of community and public events
- Manage and create engaging text, image, and video content that reflects the high quality and voice of the SEGA/ATLUS
- Liaise with other teams to stay updated on new latest game progress and industry news
- Join social media groups and core community platforms to support our fans and share key messages
- Provide support to our UK PR agency for key game beats and releases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you demonstrate the ability to produce well written, engaging content
- Experienced in launching and supporting community initiatives and overseeing social media management for games
- Able to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. campaign / event ROI, story reach, website traffic, engagement metrics)
- You have a high level of attention to detail and are able to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a very high quality of output
- Passionate about Japanese IP and video games, with a knowledge of our titles
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.