Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M+ global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising businesses in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King's 195+M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we're planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Aggregate huge amount of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models for prediction and forecasting.
* Design and implement end-to-end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to drive advertising conversion.
* Improve the run-time of existing algorithms.
* Develop and maintain necessary infrastructure to run and maintain the algorithms.
* Develop a feedback system to improve the selection of features for the algorithms.
Skills to create thrills
* PhD or MS in computer science, engineering or related field.
* You have expertise in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to learn more
* Experience with both machine learning and building scalable production services.
* Experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, or Cassandra.
* Experience in stream processing—Storm, Spark, Flink etc.— and graph processing technologies.
* Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, Caffe, Theanos, Scikit-Learn,or ML Lib for production or commercial products
* A strong desire to learn the details of advance machine learning algorithms
* Ability to communicate effectively between Product managers, business teams, data analysts and production engineers, both in code and conversation
* Ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics
* Strong adherence to metrics driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.