Our multi-award winning Total War team are looking for a passionate Environment Artist to join them as a trainee.
As a Trainee Environment Artist, you will be a versatile artist with a breadth of art skills and passion for game environments. This an amazing opportunity to work on Total War projects with the chance to gain insight on content from beginning to completion.
As a Trainee Environment Artist on the project, you will be involved in many aspects of environment design; from creating organic/inorganic modelling and terrain generation to level building/polishing. Working closely with your lead, you will learn to work within set time constraints and to hit the quality benchmark needed for your work. You will also implement feedback on your work as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Visual flare and talent
- Skilled in 3DS Max/Maya/Modo
- Experience with ZBrush and Photoshop
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated, good communicator, positive can-do attitude, team-player
- Love of visual environment creation
- Good eye for composition
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Experience with height maps
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- 2D concepting or technical art skills
The traineeships will run for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.