Technical Level Designer
Division: Arkane Studios - France | Department: Design | Location: Lyon , FR
Arkane studios is seeking a talented technical level designer to join us in making ambitious AAA games.
- Point of contact and conduit of communication with co-dev partners on technical level design issues
- Work with engineering to develop new technologies, suggest solutions for issues/bugs/needed features to optimize pipelines for maximum quality and efficiency.
- Improve productivity working with Level Designers to identify and solve technical issues, suggest solutions
- Document, maintain, and present design tools and scripts/nodes during development.
- Report bugs, track/resolve issues, and prioritize needs.
- Testing new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team
- Contribute to data optimization and validation by ensuring that Level Designers comply with the technical standards
- Good understanding of Level Designers’ goals and constraints
- Strong knowledge of visual scripting languages (such as Blueprint, Kismet, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of 3D engines (such as Unreal, CryEngine, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge with data management and file editing software (such as Perforce, Notepad, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good at multi-tasking
- Familiarity with programming (such as C++, Python, etc.) and programming environment (Microsoft Visual, Microsoft Studio Code, etc.)
Working as an “Arkanite”
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
How to Apply