Studio Gobo is looking for a talented character animator to work on a new AAA console character action franchise for a global client. The character animator will work as part of the animation team with a primary focus on creating and implementing gameplay character move sets. The role will also encompass cut scene and narrative based sequences and supporting in world animations as required. Due to the focus on gameplay related animation you will have a deep understanding of how your artistry can positively impact the quality of the player experience.
- Responsible for the creation and integration of world class combat and character animations in the game engine.
- Creating inspiring animation for both Bipeds and creature based character designs.
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction.
- Work in close collaboration with the art director, lead animator, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capabilities to deliver on AAA quality for your work objectives.
- Communicate and working closely with game designers and programmers to find effective solutions or fix issues and achieve goals in time.
- Quickly prototype and previsualize animation systems and ideas that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions.
- Support the requirements for in game cut-scenes and performance animation as required.
- Animation production experience on at least one shipped AAA character action game.
- B.A. in Fine Arts, Animation or Film.
- Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines (ideally to include UE4).
- Knowledge of HumanIK and Ikinema a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional key frame animation skills and a reel that showcases world leading animation quality in character and creature move sets, combat animation and other related gameplay animation systems.
- Expert level of understanding of the principals of animation.
- Strong understanding of animation and how it applies to game play.
- A passion for character animation, playing games and film.
- Character rigging and or modelling skills is advantageous.
- Traditional art skills a distinct advantage. Life drawing ability, understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Prior experience of motion capture pipelines and data management.
- Experience with blend shape creation and dynamic cloth solutions and workflows desirable.
- A passionate and self-motivated individual, willingness to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize one’s own tasks and be responsive to deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and proactively resolve them.