Studio Art Lead
ART & DESIGN
Game Closure is on the hunt for a Studio Art Lead in Japan, you may know us from our hit games on Facebook Instant Messenger: Everwing, Tsum Tsum, Fishing Star, to name a few. We're a small company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks; UI, character design, animation, illustration, and marketing just to name a few. You will work with top tier artists and engineers to make your dent in the mobile universe!
The Studio Art Lead role at Game Closure is pretty unique compared to other companies. As a core member of Game Closure’s Game Studio in Japan, you will not only have the opportunity to mold the latest products, but will have tremendous impact on the studio’s culture, vision, and foundation for building world class games with a world class team. An ideal candidate can take ownership over a game and do whatever it takes to create games that clearly stand out from the pack, while working closely with their fellow artists, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for.
- Have a hand in every aspect of game production, from early concepts to final art.
- Lead, manage, and develop the Studio Art team to drive top-tier game creation across multiple genres.
- Develop beautiful, fun game experiences, and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Collaborate with the Studio Producer to develop and manage art team goals, roadmaps, and budget.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering and Ops to enhance existing titles and design, as well as prototype new games to establish a clear creative vision.
- Identify, vet, and manage outsourcing vendors and partners.
- Partner with Recruiting and hiring teams to attract and hire top talent for the Studio Art team.
- Stay up to date on leading creative and production trends, best practices, and processes to keep the team at the forefront of industry standards and innovation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience as a creative leader with several commercially successful shipped products in casual social mobile games highly preferred.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English. Chinese is a big plus!
- 2+ years of management experience, preferably in a startup setting. Great concept art skills with an eye for composition and color.
- Deep knowledge of the technology used in game design and development, as well as any capabilities and limitations.
- Significant industry experience in social, free-to-play, and mobile games; at least 3 years at a mobile games company a major plus.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must possess high-level knowledge of Flash and animation; working experience preferred.
Desired Qualities & Attributes
- Fueled by curiosity and hungry for growth.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Responds well to feedback but get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to understand, internalize, and communicate high-level objectives to team members and reports.
- Track record of building rapport and relationships with management and other departments.
- Able and willing to inspire and motivate others.
- Proven ability to manage people, time, and resources across multiple projects.
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art, particularly casual game art with broad appeal.