Gameplay, UI / Front End, Programmer
Flaming Fowl Studios is a new independent studio rising from the ashes of the renowned Lionhead Studios.
We create games that feature deep and interesting strategic experiences with fascinating twists and always include a healthy dose of humour.
As a distributed development team, we believe there is a better way to make games and enjoy life without the daily grind of commuting. If you want to set your own hours and work with some of the most experienced devs in the industry, then we want to hear from you!
Our latest project is a strategic, turn-based, fantasy RPG based on an existing IP and we are looking for a programmer to help us create this exciting game.
Although the team is based in Surrey and Hampshire, we operate remotely so we would encourage applications from all over. This is a great chance to become a core member of a growing studio but with all the flexibility of working from anywhere in the world.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant degree and/or an outstanding portfolio/demo that showcases their ability.
- A true passion for video games and the desire to create high-quality experiences.
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists and designers.
- Strong knowledge of C#.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience of working in Unity.
- Experience of TextMeshPro.
- Experience working in legacy codebases.
- At least 2 years of industry experience.
Initially, this will be on a short-term contract (3 - 6 months) but with the possibility to extend.