Sydney-based games and technology studio working on its first mobile title, a genre-defining location-based game.
To support this game, they are building best-in-class world generation systems & to achieve this they are looking for a Developer to join our back-end development team and play a key role in supporting their game.
Would you like to build a scalable architecture that processes locational data, feeds into game systems and survives millions of concurrent users? Read on!
You’ll work in the Sydney studio on all areas of the development cycle, and help develop the back-end team in collaboration with the Technical Director.
Strong experience needed in Python cloud-based environments to help build a map generation platform leveraging real-world data to populate a game world.
- Play a key role in the design and development of our locational platform.
- Collaborate strongly with all areas of our team, including game designers, artists and fellow front-end and back-end developers.
- Adhere to our internal code standards.
- Communicate technical constraints and troubleshoot designs with the appropriate team members.
- Track and resolve bugs.
- Undertake research and personal development and share your learnings to keep our technology on the cutting edge.
We seek someone with the following skills:
- Exceptional architectural design and documentation skills.
- Strong commercial experience in Python 2.7
- Some experience in distributed / cloud-based scalable solutions.
- Well versed in SQL.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, specifically with PostGIS.
- Strong understanding of Git and CI/CD.
- You've shipped a game that used the Unity as its front-end engine.
- You've built back-end architectures with Google Cloud Platform, AppEngine, and/or other GCP products.
- You have working experience in C#.
- You've dabbled in machine learning.
- You're familiar with Jira and Confluence.
For more information or to apply please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games