We are Fatshark
We are an independent Swedish game development studio located in Södermalm, Stockholm. With about 75 experienced and skilled employees we have worked as contractors for a number of AAA projects, as well as developed titles with publishers and independently for both consoles and PC. Our most recent game is the critically acclaimed title Warhammer: Vermintide 2. We tackle every project, genre and setting with enthusiasm, professionalism and a cup of coffee.
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer
Fatshark is looking to hire an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join our studio and gameplay programming team. The role requires working independently in smaller teams as well as in close collaboration with the tools- and engine team. As a Gameplay Programmer you will be developing different gameplay systems such as improving spawn systems, damage systems, weapon mechanics, AI for NPCs and other revolting enemies. You can expect to be working with our recently released title Warhammer: Vermintide 2 as well as other projects simultaneously.
What you'll do
· Gameplay programming for both new and existing games
· Design and develop game systems and mechanics
· Engage in collaborative gameplay programming
· Solving problems independently but also work collaboratively in small teams.
· You have 2+ years of experience working with game development using C++
· You have developed games before and have been involved in previous game releases from start to finish
· 2+ years education in programming - or the experience to make up for that
· You have a great passion for playing and making games
· Organized: you have extensive experience in working with complex processes to facilitate organisation and improve project structures
· Excellent communication in English (Swedish is not a requirement)
· A team player: you are flexible and adaptive, have a positive attitude and have the ability to collaborate, lead and inspire
· Great feel for gameplay & game mechanics
· Developed games for different platforms (PC/MAC/IOS/ANDROID/CONSOLE)
· Experience using Lua or other programming languages within game development
· Released your own games as a side project
· Experience from other parts of games development, production and/or publishing.
· Knowledge in Warhammer lore.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles, with the passion and freedom of being indie. We offer you:
· A playful, friendly and inclusive work place.
· Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games.
· Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks.
· Developing games with our own engine - Stingray
· Regulated flex time and paid overtime.
· Office located in central Stockholm.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing candidates continuously throughout the application period.
The application period ends 30 August 2018.