VP of Marketing - Europe
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
VICE PRESIDENT, BRAND MARKETING (EUROPE)
Position based in Guildford, UK.
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION:
We’re EA—the world’s best video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about the player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Vice President, Brand Marketing is a key leadership role that oversees product marketing and brand strategy for all titles and franchises developed by EA Studios located in Europe including Battlefield, Need for Speed, EA Originals, EA Icons, EA Partners, and new IP projects. This position will report into the VP of Global Brand Management and Marketing for EA Games. The Vice President, Brand Marketing sets the overall creative vision for consumer marketing and partners with the development studios to set product strategy. This person is also the strategic liaison to EA’s worldwide publishing arm to ensure the consumer and product vision is reflected in all marketing, sales, digital and PR plans globally. As a member of EA’s Marketing Leadership team, this person will play a key role in leading the overall EA Product Marketing Team to greater innovation, speed, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Lead a cutting-edge organization that is driving brand strategy for all titles developed by EA Studios located in Europe and will be the Marketing partner for the SVP/GM for game development.
- Responsible for setting the vision and driving marketing strategies and initiatives for all titles and franchises in EU, as well as partnering with Studio development leadership to set the overall product strategy.
- Create a multi-year product plan that anticipates the play needs across platforms and geographies. The VP will partner not only with Development but also with Publishing leaders and other Marketing leaders across EA globally.
- In partnership with EA Studios, develop the product marketing and business strategy for our titles as well as determine appropriate target audiences, business models, launch timing, and product/service feature sets. In addition, Develop long-term franchise plans with studio business units.
- Lead the transformation of EA’s marketing organization from a traditional, packaged goods-centric team to a direct to consumer, digital organization.
- Develop overarching vision for optimal player journeys that ensure cross title incentives to build the network capabilities and ecosystem.
- Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for franchises across Europe.
- Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Partner with Publishing and Finance in forecasting and demand planning.
- Provide the Brand Strategy leadership that defines the Marketing roles, accountabilities and deliverable from product inception through live service.
- Make strategic decisions in partnership with EA Studios that will have a global impact and impact the quality/revenue potential for our games.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience directing a department of marketing professionals, preferably within the entertainment, online, and/or games industry.
- Deep understanding of and experience working on games and/or direct to consumer digital live service businesses.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing highly creative consumer strategies, mass market marketing ideas, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing.
- Must have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation and stellar creative development
- Use to working within a fast-paced environment. Self-motivated, passionate leader who can work at a high clock speed.
- Experience working on cutting edge, leading brands that have strong consumer awareness and interest.
- Experience with digital product offerings on console, mobile and PC platforms.
- Exercises a high degree of influence and ability to impact team performance of subordinates, managers, peers, outside agencies and executive management.
- Strategic leader and thinker with ability to create exciting, breakthrough marketing plans.
- Creative and resourceful thinking with ability to make decisions and organize thoughts. Process-oriented.
- Demonstrated capability of successfully working with senior executives.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. As an executive leader at EA, you will have the opportunity to work with amazing people and play a significant part in helping us strive to be The World’s Greatest Games Company. In addition to a competitive executive compensation we offer our VP and above leaders an extensive benefits package. Although we enjoy working hard, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high intensity periods.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.