FIFA Global Brand Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
We are EA SPORTS FIFA:
The EA SPORTS FIFA franchise is one of the biggest and most iconic entertainment properties in the world. We entertain millions of football fans across the globe with the most authentic and immersive sports experience on the planet, and the journey is only just beginning. We are one of the most creative, passionate and football crazy teams in the industry, we bring in the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. If you love football, video games and entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
The Role: (Location Vancouver Canada)
Join us as a Global Brand Director within the EA SPORTS Football (soccer) team. You will be responsible for managing our core FIFA product, which means partnering with the football game development team to build a comprehensive product experience, and supporting global marketing strategies that will inspire players across the globe. You will partner with the Director of Live Services, report to the Senior Global Marketing Director and lead a small team of talented individuals as part of the Global Brand Management team based out of Vancouver, Canada.
You will have expertise in a wide range of brand applications, which you will draw upon to ensure that we are laser focused on the needs of our players and that we deliver a compelling product and marketing strategies which satisfy key motivations and needs. You will have a rare mix of strategic, creative and analytical talents, and the capability to lead large and diverse cross functional teams. You will be a self-starter with an exceptional resume, and outstanding project management skills, organization, and attention to detail. You will be comfortable juggling many different projects and adapting to a dynamic and ever changing market - while also being able to maintain focus and drive projects to completion. You will enjoy working closely with multiple geographies and functions within EA, and with our most important licensing partners and sponsors. You will have a passion for football, games, and marketing.
- Lead the product strategy for the EA Sports Football (soccer) business, partnering with key stakeholders to outline a 3 year strategy that will grow user acquisition and engagement within a compelling player experience.
- Distil large volumes of consumer research and feedback into tangible and actionable insight that the studio team can use to optimize the player experience.
- Plan, develop and execute the annual Global Marketing Strategy, disseminate to local markets and oversee consistent execution globally in line with the EA SPORT FIFA brand values.
- Unite and align marketing functions (PR, community, brand, etc.) to deliver a fully integrated campaign.
- Work with internal and external groups (Advertising, Graphic Design, PR, Audio/visual asset creation, Online Marketing, Social Media, Events, Partnerships, Talent Relations, etc.) to oversee the development of all consumer marketing programs and materials.
- Work with trade marketing department and sales organization to develop retailer promotions and trade advertising and Pre-Order Programs.
- Own key partner relationships relating to the game – ensuring regular meetings, communications and identification and execution of co-operative marketing initiatives.
- Manage the preparation and onsite support for sales meetings, trade shows, press events, and consumer launch events related to the product.
- Inspire, lead & manage a small team of individuals.
- Be a specialist about EA's and competitions products within the product category.
Skills / Core Competencies:
- Must be a fan of football (soccer).
- Videogame interest/experience a plus.
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated proficiency to devise and execute global strategies based on consumer insights and data.
- Experience working with consumer insights and analytics teams.
- Global/multiple country launch experience.
- Ability to lead and influence large and diverse teams of people, including creative teams.
- Line management experience.
- A proven track record in developing people is desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously and exploit new market opportunities.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis to critical business decisions.
- Excellent, consistent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 8-10+ years product marketing experience in consumer focused categories.
- Experience in gaming is also desirable.
- Experience in marketing to various consumer demographics, especially football fans.
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly changing environment is desirable.
- Experience in the football industry is a significant bonus.
- Marketing degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.