Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EAX Digital Publishing team has an opportunity for a Content Manager. This position will be accountable for supporting the company’s digital publishing pipeline, live services, and site management associated with maintaining EA’s player destinations, web presence, and digital storefronts.
Primary responsibilities focus on delivering operations for our content publishing pipeline. This includes working with direct partners to configure and deliver content publishes, addressing live site issues impacting player experience, and contributing to key performance metrics for the Digital Publishing team.
Secondary responsibilities include supporting optimization efforts to innovate our publishing framework as our business model evolves; working across partners such as development and brand teams to contribute to our publishing pipeline and key EAX business programs such as EA Access and Origin Access. As part of the EAX Digital Publishing team, you play a key part in making the Player experience for EA.
What a Content Manager does at EA:
- Manage workload priorities across multiple work streams, including game development support, content publishing, merchandising, business programs, and site management
- Execute multiple publishing operational tasks and objectives in parallel based on priority and business impact
- Publish content configurations that support programs related to key business initiatives, EA digital store, and/or subscriptions models to ensure partner and business initiatives are met successfully
- Service multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver on expectations for key events and milestones
- Support player engagement and content initiatives through publishing content for EA’s player portals including regional and localized requirements
- Support merchandising initiatives and promotional events on the digital store
- Support Live Services activities through pricing updates, product adjustments, content update releases, and related activities for EA’s player experience, including updates requested by studio, franchise, or territory leads
- Support and drive opportunities for process and operations optimization
The next great EA Content Manager also needs:
- Proven experience in an operational role supporting medium scale projects or business initiatives that have a continual release/service model
- Graduate with a background in business or technical field, or 2-5 years of professional experience in the e-Commerce, digital content management, web publishing, digital operations, or related domain space
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage workload and deliver on objectives and goals across a variety of publishing operations activities
- Ability to execute on tasks and validate workload approaches, using them to contribute in how workload execution is defined and executed
- Demonstrated personal management skills such as setting priorities, managing time, decision making, and multitasking
- Effective written and oral communications skills and a team-oriented work ethic
- Hands-on experience working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or similar content management system desired
- Must have effective and proficient computer skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs, project and workload management applications, and top tier web browsers
- Experience with web merchandising software and/or content management systems (CMS)
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other web technologies
- Experience in using Microsoft Windows and Windows applications as a power user
- Comfort and familiarity with current subscription and e-Commerce user/buyer feature sets available on major web storefronts (e.g. Netflix, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, etc.)
The next great EA Content Manager also needs to be:
- An operations performer: A multi-tasker who understands operations workload and priority. Able to self-manage workload and deliver on daily objectives. Can contribute in how to optimize productivity and drive Quality.
- Collaborative: Able to partner smoothly with both local and global partners.
- A systems thinker: Understands how technology, design, and processes interact to create products, tools, and approaches to executing work.
- Adept to change: Comfortable in an evolving startup environment and can embrace and adjust to change with enthusiasm and focus.
- Organized: Can manage multiple operational tasks simultaneously, focusing effort based on priorities and leadership direction, and able to deliver results with a steady consistent approach.
- Detail-oriented: Meticulous attention to detail.
- A gamer: Interest in video gaming and or digital/social gaming industry a plus.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.