Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
CRITERION – Associate Producer
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout & Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audiovisual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, actively encouraging cross-discipline crack squads to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or videogames, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
The Challenge Ahead:
Criterion have recently embarked on their most ambitious projects to date, partnering with DICE to ship Star Wars Battlefront II and now pushing the boundaries with our own brand new IP.
We are growing our team with fresh, talented people who can help us take a huge leap forwards.
As an Associate Producer you will be inspiring teams through the entire production process to deliver a fun, engaging and innovative experience for our players. You will be a champion of creativity and quality, who is able to communicate confidently, with a knowledge and passion for how video games are made, bringing diversity, ambition and new insight to the teams you work with.
What a Producer does at Criterion:
- Leads: You must be able to inspire and motivate your team. Building strong relationships, trust and respect within your team and across the studio.
- Creates: Be involved with creative discussions and feel confident working with a variety of people. Encourage your team to be creative and focus on quality.
- Executes: Delivering features on time and to quality. Always knowing where your team is, always knowing the status of the software and what’s needed to achieve the desired outcome.
- Collaborates: Present all ideas clearly and effectively, ensuring your team are well aligned with their work and the bigger picture.
- Communicates the status, focus, progress, issues, and risks to your team and core groups within the studio.
- Tracks progress within your team, identify issues and risks throughout the products’ life cycle.
- Co-ordinates teams to achieve timely decisions and hold others accountable to deliver quality.
- Knows what is needed from your team and the studio to develop a world class game.
Experience and knowledge we are looking for
We are looking for someone who understands the challenges of making complex projects with multi-disciplined, distributed teams and the inherent elements of uncertainty and risk that accompany this.
Preparedness for this role is rooted in the following attributes:
- Quickly learns new concepts and procedures with the ability to successfully apply these within feature teams and see them through to completion.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive teams to success.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to adapt successfully and create positive energy in a constantly changing environment.
- Able to handle multiple roles efficiently, with the ability to prioritise to achieve success.
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills.
Required Skills and experience
- Production knowledge with experience of shipping a title in the Games Industry
- Demonstrable experience of leading feature development within a large Production team
- Experience utilising agile/scrum methodologies for project management
- Demonstratable knowledge of the games industry and the consumer’s ever changing, social and connected lifestyle.
- Experience of emergent / conceptual development and rapid prototyping would be a plus
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer competitive compensation packages.
More importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.