This is a fantastic opportunity to be the Development Manager working with the multi award winning Total War team.
The position on the team is to work alongside and assist the Project Development Director managinr the development of game projects from pre-production through to release.
Supporting the day-to-day and week to week process of managing multiple cross discipline teams, you will provide support to keep the projects appropriately resourced and the teams moving forward in a positive, informed and focused way. The Development Manager will also work collaboratively with the project leads to create the project schedule, identify dependencies, solve problems, prioritise work and drive project delivery.
As the Development Manager for this project, you will look to continually move the project forward. Working with the team, you will assist with the planning and estimation process across the project to help produce fully scoped plans for upcoming projects. You will also help manage the development team schedule, ensuring that milestones are adhered to and tech and decision pipelines remain unblocked. You will be responsible for communicating changes within the project to all relevant parties and ensure the schedule is adapted accordingly. You will also ensure progress on current and upcoming milestones is clearly communicated and provide clear, detailed analysis on team performance, risks and areas for improvement.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Relevant experience in project management with a good understanding of planning scheduling, process, tracking and resource allocation
- Experience with Agile and other methodologies
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You will be aware of potential and current issues and offer practical and realistic plans to resolve them
- Able to identify and assess risks and communicate ways to mitigate them
- A team thinker - able to support and work within a team and enable the team to perform in a united way
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Focused and self-motivated
- Always looking for ways to improve our process, team or project
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Enthusiastic, with a genuine passion for games
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise
- Good presentation skills
- Experience successfully managing teams working across different geographic locations, especially China
- Previous experience working with one or more of:
- Web sites
- External partners
We are Creative Assembly
And we are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.