We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced gameplay programmer to join our multi award winning Total War team.
You will be working alongside the battle code and design team to push the boundaries of Total War battles, and strive to make the better than ever before. This is an excellent opportunity to work on the next Total War title and put your personal stamp on the battle engine.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War battle team. Along with the design team, you will work to improve existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles. In this role, you will learn the sizeable codebase we have and oversee the architecture of future developments, contributing to a roadmap of future game development.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
- Have relevant experience as a gameplay programmer
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists, animators and production staff
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, identifying risks before they become a problem, looking for was to improve workflow and the codebase itself
- Good academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent mathematical and analytical ability
- Passion for games
- Experience developing gameplay systems for real-time strategy (RTS) games or similar
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms common to game AI, such as finite state machines, agent systems, pathfinding etc
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Keen player of games, ideally including Total War
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.