This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented programmer with a real passion for graphics to join our award winning Total War team.
Working with our experienced and dedicated PC graphics engine team, you will be working with cutting edge technology and drive innovation with the support of our excellent developers.
You will work with the team bringing a creative mindset to challenge the limits of graphics programming and make a real contribution to the player experience on a world-leading strategy game franchise.
Working in a varied and challenging and development environment, you will be researching and implementing new graphics related technologies. You will work on GPU/CPU optimizations and program modules of the game including design, implementation, de-bugging and documentation.
As a key member of the team, you will collaborate on the planning process. Working with the Lead Programmer and Development Manager you be helping to define realistic targets and deliverables, ensuring they are achieved. All this is done keeping to the studios high-quality programming standards and development processes. Communication is key to the success of this role and you will be expected to clearly and confidently communicate issues that may arise and offer solutions to resolve them.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent C++
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with DX11
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- A good BSc degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject such as maths, computer science or engineering
- At least one shipped title
- Multi-threaded / multi-core development experience
- Experience with Directx12, Vulkan or other rendering APIs
- A creative approach to object-oriented programming
- RTS game enthusiast or thorough appreciation of the Total War franchise
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.