We are looking for a legal counsel to join our team for approximately one year, preferably as soon as possible but no later than October 2019. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will have the opportunity to work with the Finance & Legal team to tackle exciting challenges and be trusted as the company's expert for all things Legal.
What you'll do
- Advise and collaborate with different stakeholders in management, game teams, publishing, HR, and Finance on all legal matters on national and international level esp. commercial, IP/IT, youth protection and corporate law
- Draft, review, negotiate and implement various contracts (outsourcing, advertising, software/SaaS, data protection)
- Advise and support teams in implementing GDPR compliant standards and processes, responsible to handle internal and external requests related to data protection and privacy topics
- Take responsibility for IP strategy and management
- Coordinate external counsel and Wooga's data protection officer
- Mentor one legal team member
Who we are looking for
- Fully qualified lawyer in Germany ("Volljurist")
- Minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience as an inhouse counsel or in a law firm, preferably with a focus on commercial, IP/IT, data protection and/or employment law, experience both inhouse and law firm a strong plus
- Fluency and strong communication skills in written and spoken German and English and ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent business judgment and hands-on mindset
- Ability to work independently, take ownership, be proactive, pay attention to detail, be well organized and communicate in a fast paced international environment
- Ability to think globally to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and drive both strategic decisions and operational tasks
- Creativity and eagerness to find solutions
- Interim position of 12 months duration (parental leave cover), preferred start date as soon as possible until October 2019
- Exciting challenges and opportunity to thrive as member of the Legal team
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe's most vibrant city, have a nap in one of our sleeping pods or brush up your console games skills - enjoy our unique office space !
- Relocation support to make your and your loved ones' move to Berlin as smooth as possible!
- Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe's, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.