Google Cloud Migration Project Manager (Three- Six Month Contract)
Based out of King's London hub, STL is a key part of the Shared Tech organisation at King, responsible for an exciting and diverse portfolio of internal technology products - including our core data engineering and reporting/visualisation suite, our user acquisition tech, and a wide range of operational tools used by our game development teams.
Your role within our Kingdom
One of STL's strategic initiatives for 2018 is the move of King's data warehouse to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We now want to bring on board an enthusiastic technical project manager to support the lead project manager and engineering teams make the migration a success across the King business.
Reporting to the lead project manager for the Google Cloud data warehouse migration, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
* Establishing a 1:1 relationship with all downstream data warehouse customers, checking in at regular intervals to review their migration progress (including, where appropriate, face-to-face)
* Supporting - and/or working with internal and external teams to support - downstream customers with migration-related questions and challenges
* Successfully influencing customer teams to align with the overall King migration plan and schedule
* Maintaining the risk register for the migration project, and providing early warning of significant new risks
* Hanging out in our Google Cloud Slack channel, answering questions and capturing FAQs
* Authoring Confluence 'how to' documentation on working with data on GCP at King
* Working with King's Cloud Foundations team to ensure all developed solutions align with the overall King cloud strategy, and are secure and cost-efficient
* Crafting regular broadcast comms to the data warehouse customer community about the status of - as well as exciting or important news around - the migration
* Providing material required by the lead project manager - eg, for meetings of our GCP Rollout Project Board
Skills to create thrills
* An experienced technical project manager - with a track record of working on projects with a large range of stakeholders distributed across multiple geographies and timezones
* Cultural sensitivity, with experience of international work environments - King is a global business with strategically important sites in Barcelona and Stockholm (in addition to London)
* High emotional intelligence
* A developed project management toolbox
* A technologist at heart - ideally with a multi-year background in data engineering
* Extremely familiar with public cloud - ideally Google Cloud Platform
* Have worked on public cloud or other complex migration programmes
* Superb English - both written and spoken
* Able to write clear and succinct prose
* Familiarity with one or more of: G Suite, Confluence, JIRA, Poppulo, Slack and Workplace
Note that this role may require an element of (primarily European) travel.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.