We're looking for a Senior Java Backend Game Developer to help scale the next generation of multiplayer mid-core mobile games in our Seattle office.
Your role within our Kingdom
As our Senior Java Backend Game Developer, you'll be working closely with game teams to develop a backend infrastructure tailored to their needs. Our tech stack is flexible and forward looking - you'll be collaborating with King's shared technology teams on in-house projects but also integrating new open source solutions where it makes sense. You'll provide architecture and scalability guidance for our full stack gameplay engineers to ensure we're leveraging our backend platforms properly. Our games are living services that we expect to run for years, so you will also be providing technical guidance for our local DevOps team as they manage the live environment.
Skills to create thrills
* 5+ years of Java and backend experience.
* Experience designing robust, highly scalable systems.
* Able to quickly learn (and evaluate) new languages, frameworks, and methodologies.
* Experience taking a game or service into a live environment.
* Used to agile, TDD, UNIX environments, git.
* A team player who likes to collaborate with non-engineers.
* Striving to be a genius in your area of expertise.
* Fluent in English.
* Real-time multiplayer (client or server) experience.
* Client development experience.
* Familiarity with modern web development.
* Microservice architecture experience.
* Containerization experience.
* Maven or Gradle experience.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Seattle
Surrounded by oceans, mountains and forests, Seattle strikes the perfect balance between culture and adventure. The buzzing, tech-focused city is also home to innovative games studio Z2 - part of the King family. Non-Seattleites needn't worry. Despite the rumours, it's really not that rainy. Seattle usually receives less rainfall than New York and Chicago. Usually.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.