This is an excellent opportunity to join our IT team as part of a world class AAA games development studio .
In this fast-paced helpdesk role, the successful candidate will be interacting with multiple teams across the studio and dealing with a wide variety of IT support tasks and situations. This is a good opportunity to gain experience and specialise in your field.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of multitasking on a busy ITIL driven helpdesk. Good communication skills, the ability to logically approach technical issues and be able to work calmly and efficiently under deadlines are essential. A background in a customer facing role would be desirable.
There are also opportunities to liaise with the IT infrastructure team to support and troubleshoot our server and networking systems. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to have good technical communication and documentation skills and be able to follow precise instructions. A methodical and logical approach is also essential.
On a day to day basis, you will read and assign help desk tickets as they arise. You will be responsible for triaging the requests based on the ITIL framework. Following allocation of jobs, you will fulfil the technical requirements of the ticket within the agreed helpdesk SLA. If the work required falls outside your technical ability, you will proactively seek out the relevant member of the team to carry the work forward. You will use your initiative and common sense to escalate and clear assigned tasks to a high technical standard utilising all the resources available to you.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience working on a helpdesk or similar IT role
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems, Ubuntu LTS 14.04 and above, and CentOS 6/7
- Understanding of wireless and mobile devices and the technologies behind them
- Familiarity with PC hardware: specification, purchasing, and assembly
- Knowledge of Active Directory and other Microsoft Domain technologies
- Working knowledge of antivirus technologies and local firewalls
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Good documentation skills.
- Cisco networking knowledge.
- Purchasing and stock taking.
- Knowledge of Windows server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016.
- Familiarity with O365
- Working knowledge of SCCM and SCSM, and associated best practices
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.