Senior Animation Engineer
Software Engineering – Burnaby, British Columbia
Senior Animation Software Engineer
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming.
The Senior Gameplay Animation Software Engineer is an integral part of this team, which is responsible for the game's combat, player movement mechanics, cameras, animation system, and boss battles. This role is a challenging one as it requires you to call on your technical ability while, at the same time, being aware of what it takes to make games playable and fun. You will be responsible for designing, building, testing and documenting major Gameplay systems. Your mission is to ensure that your features standout in a AAA game, and help others do the same.
You will enjoy a creative opportunity to shape the project's technology and features while working with other talented Engineers, Designers and Animators in a fun and dynamic team setting.
- Enhance several aspects of our animation system – from high-level tools to implementing low-level animation technology.
- Design, write, debug, and refine gameplay features, infrastructure and tools.
- Work closely with animators, designers and other engineers to ensure gameplay features hit the quality bar for our AAA products.
- Participate in estimating and planning.
- Maintain a high standard of quality of work throughout the development process.
- Knowledge of implementing gameplay features to work online is an advantage
- 7- 10 years’ experience with C++ programming and debugging
- You have strong 3D math skills
- You have strong skills in physics & Animation
- You have shipped at least one AAA product
- You have the ability to write structured and well documented code. With attention to detail
- You take active interest in enhancing current skills
- You demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in your own work
- You operate within established procedures and best practices
- You Collaborate effectively with others in same discipline across feature groups and cross-discipline as required
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.