Senior Environment Artist
Art – Burnaby, British Columbia
Senior Environment Artist
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming
This is a key position on our Environment team. A Senior Environment Artist at Capcom Game Studio Vancouver has experience working on multiple shipped action titles, with a proven track record of providing hands-on leadership of art teams to create detailed open world environments.
We encourage our Environment Artists to contribute to the lighting, grey-blocking, and designing of environments, in the creation immersive living worlds with rich gameplay experiences, that look and play great.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Technical Art Director, World Designer, and Concept Artists to establish the aesthetic, technical, and gameplay goals and standards for environment art supporting the product vision
- Iterate and feedback on the vision for the world through 2D layout planning, reference gathering, on-site photo shooting, and image boards or style guides
- Demonstrate the visual goals of early playable grey-block environments through rough modeling from reference and concept, with silhouette, land marking, and attention to scale
- Break down environments into task assignments, time estimates, and scheduling for the team with your Project Manager
- Effectively communicate art direction and world design to Environment Artists
- Oversee the work of a team of the Environment Artists on a daily basis, in modeling and texturing environments, props, and collision to efficiently build detailed open worlds from start to finish
- Manage memory performance and optimization of environments as well as communicating, delegating, and re-enforcing this with the team
- Mentor and share knowledge and techniques with team through constructive feedback, hands-on revisions, and written performance evaluations for all direct reports
- Contribute to the development and improvement of artist process, workflow, tools, technical standards, and rendering features
- Balance needs of the product overall with the tasks of your team and available resources.
- 5- 8 years of experience in art.
- Solid experience with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush.
- Have shipped at least one AAA title.
- Can lead multiple features.
- Make artistic presentations as needed.
- Focused and highly driven both as an individual and as a senior team member.
- Able to solve increasingly complex problems and deliver top quality work.
- Collaborate effectively with others in same discipline across feature groups and cross-discipline as required.
- Operate within established procedures and best practices.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
About Capcom Vancouver
Located in Vancouver, Canada in a brand new facility conveniently located in the hub of North Burnaby, Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects with a passion in story-telling and content pushing boundaries.
And we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, energetic, and dedicated professionals to work with us on our next franchise AAA title.