Quality Engineer, Ads
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M+ global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising businesses in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King's 195+M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we're planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
We are hiring a Quality Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Contribute to and build tools, frameworks, and other infrastructure needed to support automation.
* Participates in technical design sessions and writing technical design documents.
* Design and implementation of automation frameworks.
* Design, code, and implement automated tests in Java.
* Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements.
* Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests.
* Work closely with cross functional teams such as PD and PM in understanding the requirements for writing and running tests in live environment.
* Report defects in a timely fashion and work with the Development team to manage defects until issues are resolved.
* Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions.
* Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to Quality.
* Proactively create test cases for the known defects and integrate them into the test suite.
* Mentor junior engineers to build their skills and contribution levels.
Skills to create thrills
* Proven working experience in testing & automation.
* 4+ years of experience in software quality engineering.
* Proficient with service automation and automation framework development.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
* Ability to think logically, diagnose/triage.
* Strong experience in stress testing scalable high volume applications that handles millions of requests.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
* BS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.