Staramba SE is going beyond borders in the world of Virtual Reality. Our approach in revolutionizing social networking for celebrities and fans, is what we call STARAMBA.spaces. Our impressive, extensive database with thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment is the foundation for the next big thing in VR.
STARAMBA.spaces is a social VR platform poised to revolutionize the way stars and brands communicate with their fans.
STARAMBA.spaces opens up a whole new world of possibilities to enhance the exchange between fans and their celebrity of choice, whether it be in Sports, Music or in the retail industry.
Staramba SE goes beyond borders in the world of virtual reality. Our goal is to revolutionize VR experiences by giving users their own worlds to create and share with others.
We linked those worlds with a digital real estate market, complex economic cycles, and our extensive database containing thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment, in order to create the next step in Virtual Reality: STARAMBA.Spaces.
We are looking for a driven Game Designer (f/m) to collaborate with design lead, design team and whole development team to develop core concepts, game systems, and game content with the goal to create an outstanding experience for the user .
- Evolve ideas in conjunction with the development team and ensure that the design goals adapt to and survive the development process.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using Agile development methods.
- Share expertise and advise others in the development of features and experiences across the game.
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design with emphasis on VR.
- 5+ year's professional experience in the games industry, with at least 2 officially published title.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design, gameplay theory, balancing, system design, level design, story, interface, AI, game-flow and player progression, particularly when applied to VR.
- Strong skills in designing and prototyping engaging gameplay mechanics in order to create an outstanding user experience.
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- A creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player's point of view and stay organized under pressure.
- Experience with designing monetization OR retention features for online games.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the core design concepts of the game.
- Basic Experience with Unreal Engine for prototyping and motivation to extend this.
- Bachelor degree in related fields or equivalent extensive work experience
- Fluent in English
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany
What we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package with growth potential in an international company
- Autonomous work in a stimulating environment
- Lots of room for participation and realization of own ideas
- Opportunity for training in new technology fields and topics
- A highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy and fast decision making
- Flexible working hours and free drinks
Ready for the next level? Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org saying why you would be the perfect fit, salary expectations and earliest start date.
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio if required to email@example.com